50th Anniversary Donor Advised Fund
Smart, Flexible, Community-Minded
In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, the Jewish Community Foundation is offering an Anniversary Donor Advised Fund through December 31, 2022.
Open your 50th Anniversary Fund and your favorite charity will receive a $180 grant from JCF!
What is a 50th Anniversary Donor Advised Fund?
- For donors ages 50 and under
- Minimum opening gift of $5,000
- No minimum balance
- Personal, one-on-one counsel with expert staff
- Recommend grants – on your timetable – to Jewish or secular organizations, locally, nationally and internationally
- Donations to your Fund may be eligible for immediate tax benefits*
- Involve family members in meaningful giving experiences
How it Works
Open the Fund
- Donate a tax-deductible gift of $5,000 or more (e.g., cash, stocks, real estate before December 31, 2022
- The Foundation makes a one-time $180 grant to the charity of your choice
- Name your fund for families or individuals (e.g., the Smith Family Fund or the Jane Smith Memorial Fund) or for other positive associations (e.g., the Elm Fund)
Give to Your Community
- You and your designated fund advisors can make grant recommendations at any time to qualifying nonprofits
- Log in online to check your fund balance and recommend grants
- An annual administrative cost of $100 is invested back into Greater Hartford’s Jewish community through grants, free consultation services and community-building services
Let Us Do the Rest
- Foundation handles administration and provides detailed quarterly reports
- Ask staff any time for advice about your giving
*This information should not be construed as legal, tax, or financial advice.
Values in Action – Fundholders’ Impact
Sharing a commitment to fulfilling the Jewish teaching of tikkun olam. When reflecting on living Jewishly, Michael and Naomi Cohen share a commitment to fulfilling the Jewish teaching of tikkun...
Vivian and Ted Zablotsky share a common belief: to sustain a strong Jewish community, you need Jewish day schools that educate students in mind, body and soul. For Greater Hartford, they envision an...
A new lift-equipped wheelchair van provides daily transportation for Jewish Association for Community Living residents living with developmental disabilities, thanks to multiple grants recommended...