50th Anniversary Donor Advised Fund
Smart, Flexible, Community-Minded
In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, the Jewish Community Foundation is offering an Anniversary Donor Advised Fund through December 31, 2022.
Open your 50th Anniversary Fund and your favorite charity will receive a $180 grant from JCF!
What is a 50th Anniversary Donor Advised Fund?
- For donors ages 50 and under
- Minimum opening gift of $5,000
- No minimum balance
- Personal, one-on-one counsel with expert staff
- Recommend grants – on your timetable – to Jewish or secular organizations, locally, nationally and internationally
- Donations to your Fund may be eligible for immediate tax benefits*
- Involve family members in meaningful giving experiences
How it Works
Open the Fund
- Donate a tax-deductible gift of $5,000 or more (e.g., cash, stocks, real estate before December 31, 2022
- The Foundation makes a one-time $180 grant to the charity of your choice
- Name your fund for families or individuals (e.g., the Smith Family Fund or the Jane Smith Memorial Fund) or for other positive associations (e.g., the Elm Fund)
Give to Your Community
- You and your designated fund advisors can make grant recommendations at any time to qualifying nonprofits
- Log in online to check your fund balance and recommend grants
- An annual administrative cost of $100 is invested back into Greater Hartford’s Jewish community through grants, free consultation services and community-building services
Let Us Do the Rest
- Foundation handles administration and provides detailed quarterly reports
- Ask staff any time for advice about your giving
*This information should not be construed as legal, tax, or financial advice.
Values in Action – Fundholders’ Impact
Four community leaders have joined the Board of Trustees for the Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Hartford. I. Bradley Hoffman has earned numerous accolades for his community service and...
New Grant will Support Advocacy Program to Reduce Child Homelessness The Lillian Fund, the Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Hartford’s giving circle for women, awarded its annual $10,000 grant...
Dave Mangs opened the Rotary Interact/Rotaract Service Project Awards Fund to support service projects for Interact and Rotaract Clubs through the Rotary District 7890, which includes four western...