Celebration Funds at the
Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Hartford Q & A
Charitable giving is an emotional journey, keeping life meaningful for you at every age and stage – B’nai mitzvahs, weddings, graduations – and more. Opening a Celebration Fund to honor these occasions and support your community will continue the celebration for you, your friends and family for generations.
What is a Jewish Community Foundation Celebration Fund?
A Celebration Fund is a charitable fund that helps you:
- mark life’s milestones
- support your favorite causes and organizations
- give according to your values
You can open a Celebration Fund to honor someone else’s milestone or open one for yourself.
We offer different types of funds – our staff will help you choose the fund that best fits your goals.
Why start a fund as part of my celebration, instead of donating directly to a charity?
- Generous donations to support your community are a great way to celebrate, no matter where you decide to give.
- A Celebration Fund allows your philanthropy to grow and adapt over time; it is a gift that keeps on giving.
How much does it cost to open a Celebration Fund?
Your Celebration Fund can be created easily with a gift of $5,000 or $10,000 depending on the type of fund you choose.
Who can donate to my fund?
Anyone can donate. An individual, family, guests at your celebration, or through crowd-funding – all of these are great ways to engage others in your giving.
How can someone contribute to my fund?
We accept gifts in many forms including check, credit card, stocks, real estate, or other assets.
You may qualify for tax advantages* in the year you open your fund.
*This information should not be construed as legal, tax or financial advice.
How do I start the process of opening a Celebration Fund?
- We make it easy! All it takes to formalize your fund is a gift and a short agreement that we draft for you.
- Our staff is here to help you decide on the type of fund for you and answer your questions.